1. While driving you continually notice and point out tractors and train tracks…catching yourself shortly after when you realize you are alone in the vehicle…that random time you ARE alone.
2. Passing Mulberry Drive kicks off half an hour of “Here we go round the mulberry bush” in your head.
3. Everything seems obscenely loud during nap time. Is there a volume button on the tap?
4. You have depraved yourself of peeing while your child(ren) sleep in the room beside the bathroom…1 1/2 hours enjoyed in silence but sitting with legs tightly crossed.
5. Saving the environment and fuel comes second and third to making sure your child does not wake up before the allotted amount of z’s. Yes I will leave my car running for 30 minutes to avoid the all day grumps.
6. Showers. Alone. *sigh* Enough Said.
7. Anything alone.
8. You have learned the hard way never to hold a freshly fed baby over your head, or a teething baby, or a naked baby…actually just never hold a baby over your head.
9. You no longer do up every snap on a onesie while your baby is hungry.
10. Catching yourself turning the radio volume down thinking it will quiet the noise coming from the back seats. Nope.
11. Feeling your heart skip a beat when your child looks into your eyes and says they love you…or that they have to pee…before going in the pants.
12. And finally, being perfectly ok with your life revolving around someone other than yourself who can’t feed themselves or use the toilet properly, if at all.