During these past two months life has changed and little things have been learned along the way 🙂
1. Tea/coffee cools much quicker than I thought. Most mornings I need to zap my coffee at least once as Honour does not always sit quietly so I can sip my java.
2. It’s different when you care for your own child. You can hold them, care for them, feed them, play with them and raise them how you think is best…not worrying that their parents will think you are doing it wrong because…you are the parent
3. I will never reach for a child in their mother’s arms before asking permission. The bond between mother and child is powerful and even if it is one we trust reaching for the babe the hackles of that amazing bond rise a tad in protection.
4. Learning to love routine…I know the poop comes between 6-8 AM and with it comes smiles, coos and then a nap 🙂
5. Before I was ever a mother I missed being a mother.
6. Your inhibitions are forever lowered.
7. Having the use of both hands at the same time is an all-time luxury.
8. I was very self-centred before Honour came into our lives. When you see how much you deny yourself now you realize how much you catered to yourself previously.
9. I will never find anything I love more than being a wife and a mother….never…I am forever changed and I wish this blessing of marriage and parenthood onto everyone!
10. I have learned I cannot put my emotions of love, joy, fulfillment, peace, excitement and anticipation into understandable sentences. But this picture does come close, I am undone.